The Jessica
The Jessica
The Jessica
The Jessica


The Jessica

Regular price $250.00

You asked and we listened – each design from RefuSHE's 2020 Fashion Challenge: Reimagined runway show is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Grab your favorite of the sevens look today before it's gone!

Fashion Challenge 2020 First Runner-Up!

Kate Van Asten’s stylish two-piece ensemble was inspired by Jessica, a young woman who is a member of our Artisan Collective. Jessica fled domestic abuse and regional violence in her home in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, coming to RefuSHE with her daughter in 2016. She is now pursuing secondary education while her daughter is top of her class. Her favorite colors are navy blue and white, inspiring Van Asten’s design, and she finds joy in watching her daughter grow up and reach her goals. This outfit can be dressed down with flats and a blazer for work or dressed up with heels and earrings for a night out – not to mention the story of valor and resilience behind this piece makes it truly special! 

There is only one of this garment available and it fits a women's size 4 or 6. The dyed fabric is a cotton/rayon blend and the navy fabric is cotton.

The matching mask is included so you can stay safe while being stylish! Please email with any specific questions about the design. We are not accepting returns or exchanges on any Fashion Challenge 2020 designs.

Model is 5’10" and garment sizing is as follows:

  • Bust: 34”
  • Waist: 26” (elastic waistband)
  • Hips: 36” 
  • Pant Length: 29" (below the knee)

    80% of proceeds from your purchase will go toward RefuSHE's programs to empower refugee girls and young women like Jessica. The remaining 20% will support the emerging designer who created this unique garment.