The Bersherb
The Bersherb
The Bersherb
The Bersherb

The Bersherb

Regular price $600.00

Bersherb’s story serves as inspiration of Xochill Herrera Scheer’s dazzling blue dress. Bersherb and her mother fled from religious persecution in their home country of Eritrea in 2012. After moving to Nairobi, Bersherb was referred to RefuSHE where she is now a proud leader of our Artisan Collective and is pursuing secondary school in the evening. She loves dancing and modeling and finds joy in her family’s happiness and well-being. Xochill Herrera Scheer’s chose to make this blue dress to honor Bersherb’s favorite color, as well as her story. 

There is only one of this garment available and it is a women's size 10. The dyed fabric is a cotton/rayon blend with braided fabric detail.

The matching mask is included so you can stay safe while being stylish! Please email artisans@refushe.org with any specific questions about the design. We are not accepting returns or exchanges on any Fashion Challenge 2020 designs.

Model is 5’10" and garment sizing is as follows:

  • Bust: 43” (C)
  • Waist: 31”  
  • Hips: 43” 
  • Length (from neckline): 61"

    80% of proceeds from your purchase will go toward RefuSHE's programs to empower refugee girls and young women like Bersherb. The remaining 20% will support the emerging designer who created this unique garment.